If your kids are curious and love uncovering secrets why not let them explore Merton and try things they may never have experienced before.
To help inspire your kids during the school holidays, we’ve put together the Discover Merton activity sheet. It will encourage them to become a tourist for the day and follow the Wimbledon Way route and then find a water wheel in Merton Abbey Mills, they can even transport themselves back in time and follow a heritage trail though Mitcham. Or maybe they can pretend to be a farmer at Deen City Farm or discover a rainbow in Wimbledon!
We don’t want you feeling left out! So, your challenge is to take lots of photos and videos of your adventures with your little ones and if you want to, share them with us and help inspire other families. Just use the hashtag #DiscoverMerton on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Prefer not to print off the activity sheet? Just view the list below on your phone when you are out and about…
- Explore Merton Abbey Mills and discover the working waterwheel in the wheelhouse pottery café.
- Become a little farmer at Deen City Farm.
- Cross the famous rainbow crossing in Wimbledon.
- Go cycling around Mitcham Common and try to find Arthur’s Pond, Bidder’s Pond and the Bidder Memorial
- Explore around Mitcham Common’s ecology centre.
- Follow the Nelson Trail and walk in the footsteps of Lord Nelson.
- Have fun using our spotter guide and follow the history trail from South Wimbledon to Merton Park.
- Become a tourist and follow the famous Wimbledon Way route through the town centre to Wimbledon Village and on to the Common.
- Go on a heritage trail and discover Merton’s wartime heritage and women’s suffrage using the free IZI travel app.
- Try paddle sports at Wimbledon Watersports Centre.
- Have a go at crazy golf in Sir Joseph Hood Memorial Playing Fields.
- Take your teddy on a bear hunt in Morden Park, using our map for directions!
- Visit South Park Gardens to read your book in peace.
- Climb across Morden Hall Park‘s natural play area.
- Visit 140-year-old woods on Canon Hill Common and get to know the trees.
- Feed the ducks on Wimbledon Common.
- Spot the blue butterfly in Cherry Wood, Morden.